Our team at Essex Kitchens & Bedrooms work hard to create the perfect kitchen designs for your exact requirements. Today we want to talk to you about the contemporary kitchen design and all the details you might want to consider.
Space planning is very important
Our kitchen designers Essex create a calming and uncluttered look to accommodate serious cooking and entertaining with maximum efficiency. After all, if your kitchen is where you tend to spend most of your time, it’s important that it’s perfect.
- Contemporary kitchens Essex incorporate all of the latest and modern up-to- date appliances and furnishes.
- The flat slab style features a contemporary door making it an excellent canvas for a wide variety of colours, textures and woodgrains.
- Colours are usually a mix of whites or neutrals with stainless steel appliances, giving the kitchen a seamless and unified look. However, a single striking colour can be used as a back splash.
- For an extra dramatic look an antique mirror will provide a stunning feature and create the illusion of space.
- Handles should be kept simple and streamlined, handleless units or integrated handles are proving to be more and more popular as the trend builds for no fuss and frills.
- Again, flooring plays a big part in bringing this look together. Less is more and choosing flooring that blends in with the kitchen will keep it neutral. We recommend porcelain tiles because they are available in larger sizes, hard wearing and available in lots of shades.
Waterfall edge worktop
A popular look in a contemporary kitchen is waterfall edge worktop on the island. This is when the worktop material continues along the edge of the island to the floor. An engineered stone like quartz or Corian is ideal as the pattern is more uniformed and flows better.
If you prefer a warmer look, wood grain doors can be mixed with plain matt or gloss slab doors. For example, an oven run could be in a vertical wood grain while the rest of the units are in a contrasting shade, this enables you to showcase your appliances.
These are just a few things you may want to consider if you are looking into purchasing a contemporary kitchen design. If you would like to visit our showroom Essex to discuss your needs in further detail, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.